Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow days and other lovely things

Who doesn't love the snow?

Put your hand down right now - snow is wonderful

...in small amounts...that melt quickly...and get teachers out of school for at least 1 or 2 days, but no more than 3.

Because making up school days is a terrible awful thing that makes no sense.

Anyhow, we really enjoyed a little snow-cation. Fo3 was finally over the stomach crud that forced him into exile in the far reaches of our home where he was to have no contact with Fo4 or me for over 72 hours. With that nightmare behind us, we were actually able to enjoy his presence during the snow days.

On Tuesday I got a snow day where it didn't actually snow...which is fabulous. So after much internal debate I finally decided to take lil man to daycare and run some errands on my own. Which I did. And then on my way to pick him up I saw a Starbucks...and then a nail salon...and the temptation to spend about one hour spoiling myself won out and I treated myself to a nonfat white chocolate mocha, a manipedi and an eyebrow wax (which was not a treat - it was a necessity because the caterpillars over my eyes were getting out of control).


Then lil man and I enjoyed an awesome afternoon together hunkered down waiting for the snow to arrive...because that was the whole reason we didn't have school you see...and it finally did around 6pm.

Wednesday was a full on fun day with the family. Breakfast together. Playtime together. Snow excursions together. I mean it was awesome.

(note the only pair of snow bibs left at Target were a purple girls size 12 months - they would have to do)


his first steps into the fluffy stuff...he wasn't so sure

then he thought this could be pretty cool

if only he could touch it...wait..."how do i get up?"

the stuff was cold...he was not so impressed then

but sledding was fun...

yes the thrill of adventure comes honest from his father

but then he was hungry and tuckered out so we couldn't get a smile here

and then we ate some macncheesenpeas

The next day lil man woke up with a fever and so we snuggled up on the sofa most of the day, but we did manage to get in a little bit of fun playtime which is documented below.


seriously mommy

he loves puzzles

i loves those hands

and this smile melts my heart


and then this pic happened and i can't stop laughing at it. this is definitely going to be in the high school graduation and  rehearsal dinner photo montage. 

And then it was back to work yesterday...but even that wasn't too bad knowing that we didn't have to make the days up.

Hope you southerners enjoyed the snow-cation and hopefully we are done for snow for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment