Monday, August 2, 2010

Casita Cory: Menu 8/1 - 8/7

When it comes to having healthy, delicious meals the most important part is planning ahead. Each week I sit down and plan out the meals we will have that week and then I make my grocery list. I also check all of the local weekly ads and map out a few specials that I'd like to take advantage of. Then I set a time limit and head off to gather up my goods trying to get back to the house as soon as possible. (I could hang out in grocery stores forever) Sometimes I have to make a trip back later in the week when I am in need a fresh ingredient that buying ahead might spoil.

This weeks menu:
Monday: Spaghetti w/ Turkey Meatball Sauce and a salad
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: Florentine Chicken Meatball Calzones w/ Creamy Tomato Dipper (Rachael Ray) and a salad
Thursday: Chicken Cabobs on the grill
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: Mussels, Clams and Shrimp in Spicy Broth (Giada De Laurentiis)

Food Lion:
Almond Milk ($1 coupon off 1/2 gallon)
watermelon ($3.98)
Frozen jumbo shrimp (13.99 buy one get one)
Bluberries ( 2 or $5)

Trader Joes:
2 dozen cage free eggs ($2.79 each)
OJ w/ Calcium ($1.99 half gallon)
1 bag red onions
1 bag yellow onions
1 pkg basil

Farm Fresh:
2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breast ($1.98 / lb)
Ground Chicken (2 for $6.00)
2 Cantaloupes (2 fo $4)
2 8 oz pkg mushrooms (2 for $3.00)
Organic Salad ($3.50)
Sweet Grape Tomatoes ($2.00)
garlic
Fire Roasted tomatoes (2) and Diced (2) (5 for $5 14 oz cans)
1 Red pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
2 green peppers
2 lbs frozen spinach
2 pkg mozzarella cheese (Sargento 2 for $5.00)
Grated Parm cheese
2 pkg pizza dough refrigerated
1 pint heavy whipping cream
deli meat
bread

On Saturday I will pick up the mussels and clams for the seafood dinner and another pkg of basil


Now I'm off...plan is to be back in 1.5 hours


2 comments:

  1. So, I have decided that your blog is like a menu at a fancy restaurant. You have inspired me to commit to "planning meals"!!!! Dunduhduh...we'll see how it goes. :)

    We loved seeing you guys last month! Take care & much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! thanks so much. I haven't posted the results of this shopping trip yet...i have some great pics of how the meals turned out.

    So great to see your family last month...will be calling we are headed back on the 21st.

    best of luck to you with planning the meals...it definitely cuts out some stress for me when I know what i'm going to cook...the only problem is my human garbage disposal of a husband generally eats more than I anticipate...so I always have to go back for more bread, deli meat and eggs!!

    ReplyDelete