Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Battle of the Cornish Hens


Okay so today was day 2 of Be Courageous in the Kitchen where I did battle with the cornish hens. Besides the fact that I roasted them upside down (I know rookie mistake) they cooked up perfectly.

I actually used Giada deLaurentiis's recipe for Roasted Citrus-Herb Game Hens. I followed the recipe and baked them according to her directions and they turned out great. Forrest complimented me on how perfectly the chicken was cooked, but he wasn't a fan of the citrus flavor. I personally liked the kick of citrus.

Not so frightening after all. Here are a few battle images:

Fresh Ingredients

My grandma's juicer

Bird Bath

Finished Product

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the cornish hens is a bold move. Looks like they turned out awesome though!

    ReplyDelete