Monday, February 20, 2012

Time Management

There is nothing I enjoy like writing this blog and reading about what life looks like for the bloggers I follow.

As much as a heart project this blog is, I have realized over the past month that I need to re-prioritize how I spend my time. When I prioritize my blog I get behind on graduate school work and I minimize my time in prayer and reading the Bible. My house gets really messy and I eat more dessert. I workout less and I feel more stressed. That is not what I wanted to happen when I started writing this blog again this fall.

So this weekend I kind of took a good look at how I am spending my time. I charted out a weekly schedule to allow for Bible study and prayer, graduate school study time, workouts, creative time, and work. When I finished that schedule there was no extra time during the week. It is a reality for me that there is not physical time available for me during the week to work on the blog.

So what does this mean?

Well...primarily it means that I will not be doing any blogging / posting during the week. Even just posting pre-written posts and linking up to linky parties take time that right now does not exist in my schedule. However, I have allowed myself kind of wide-open weekends to give me time to finish up any grad school assignments...and to blog. That way I can stay connected, but the pressure to post daily is removed so that I don't feel like a failure when time passes and I haven't had a chance to drop a line.

Please don't give up on this blog. I plan to pick it back up full force when grad school is over in May and the 7 to 10 hours a week I spend doing grad school work will be focused it on sharing recipes, crafts and talking about life with you guys. Thank you so much for supporting me in starting this blog and stay connected so that in just 2 and 1/2 short months you can be involved in the re-launch of the Casita Cory blog. I plan on remodeling the site, having a revamped blog schedule and I will have so many recipes to share that there won't be enough days of the week to write about them all!

Thanks again for reading!

Love,
Megan

1 comment: