Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grandmama's Blueberry Muffins


I remember going to visit Grandmama and Atdaddy's house with my sisters as a kid. We would have all kinds of fun with my cousins Matt and Josh. But hands down my favorite thing about going to visit them (besides the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Popcicles...what happened to those by the way?...oh and the Mellow Yellow) were the blueberry muffins Grandmama would serve up for breakfast. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I have.

Grandmama's Blueberry Muffins:
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk and it worked just fine)
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
fresh blueberries (about 1 cup or more)

Mix the milk, egg, sugar and oil until thoroughly incorporated
Slowly mix in the flour and the baking powder
Stir in the blueberries with a spoon

Place muffin cups into the muffin pan and spray with a bit of pam so that they will be easier to remove from the cups.

Bake at 325 for about 15 -18 minutes or until golden brown

(Extra flavor: In the last 3 minutes I pull the muffins out and sprinkle sugar on the top and then place back into the oven until they are nice and golden on top)



No comments:

Post a Comment