Saturday, June 12, 2010

Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa


I love cooking on the weekends. Today I had plans to grill Tequila Lime Quesadilla Turkey Burgers, but just as I finished grilling the corn for the Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa, a huge thunderstorm came through which forced me inside on the Foreman Grill. So...needless to say the turkey burgers were a bit dry. I still had a great time in the kitchen and Forrest loved the meal.

I am holding off on the recipe for the Tequila Lime Quesadilla Turkey Burgers until I have a chance to try them again and make some improvements.

Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa
2 ears of sweet corn
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 jalapeño , seeded and chopped
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 lime
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp tequila
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Heat the grill to medium.
Lightly drizzle the corn with olive oil.
Place the corn on the grill and cook on each side until slightly charred. Remove and let cool.
In a medium sized bowl mix the black beans, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
When the corn has cooled, slice it off of the cob and add it to the bowl.
Add the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, tequila, olive oil, and the salt and pepper.
Just before serving mix in the tomatoes.

Serve with chips.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan! I haven't tried it yet, but I love 1. salsa, 2. anything with balsamic vinegar, and 3. anything with tequila. So it looks promising.

    Not sure how into bread-making you are, but I tried this recipe last night: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/jos-rosemary-bread/Detail.aspx

    I made some changes-- I made it by hand (not w/ a machine), used fresh rosemary instead of dried, used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 regular, and thyme/oregano instead of italian seasoning. But it turned out GREAT and I immediately thought of your cooking prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to check it out. I definitely need to work on my baking skills...but that recipe sounds amazing :) and i already have all of the herbs growing on my patio!

    ReplyDelete