Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tiffany Pizza and Celebration Sangria


Last night I waited while the most beautiful baby girl made her entrance into the world. And I am totally in love. After only 4 hours of sleep last night and a glorious 2 hour nap this afternoon, I stumbled into the kitchen with plans for one of my all-time favorite dinners.

But before I move on with the recipes...you have to see this gorgeous little girl!




Okay so this first recipe comes from a pizza my friend Tiffany made one evening when I stopped by her house for dinner. I have changed a little bit about it...and I think you'll love it! The second recipe is my trick to get my hubby to drink wine. Forrest hates wine...a lot. But he loves sangria...so if you have a friend that doesn't like wine try this recipe and see if you can bring them over to the flavorful side!

Tiffany Pizza
1 large yellow bell pepper
1 large onion
2 large portabella mushrooms
4 tbsp pesto sauce
1 tbsp butter
1 80z package of Trader Joe's Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (don't get the fresh mozzarella in water it makes the pizza soupy)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
2 medium whole wheat pizza crusts

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
In a skillet melt the butter on medium heat
Slice the onion (so they make pretty little circles) and add them to the melted butter
Cook until tender then remove from heat

Place the whole wheat pizza crusts on a pizza baking stone
On each crust evenly distribute 2 tbsp of the pesto sauce
Cut the yellow bell pepper into 1/2 cubes
Cut the portabella mushrooms into 1/2 cubes
Distribute the onions, yellow bell pepper and portabella mushrooms evenly on both pizza crusts
Slice the mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices and place on top of the pizza
salt and pepper to taste
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted
Roughly chop the parsley
Place on the pizza to garnish


Celebration Sangria
1 bottle of Tempranillo wine (I use La Granja from Trader Joe's $3.99)
1 bottle of Trader Joe's French Lemonade
2 limes
2 lemons
1 large orange
1/8 - 1/4 cup of sugar

In a large pitcher pour the wine and the lemonade
Juice 1 lime, 1 lemon and 1/2 of the orange into the pitcher
Slice the remaining lime, lemon and orange into 1/2 cubes and add to the pitcher
Stir in the sugar
Let chill and serve with mint garnish








No comments:

Post a Comment