Monday, July 26, 2010

Be Courageous: Battle of the Spare Ribs

Hello readers!
I have been out of town on a much needed vacation with the hubby. One night I made the Fish Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa (this time I used Grouper and grilled after marinating it in Tequila Chili Lime marinade and I added back in the avocado for the tomatillo salsa). These were a huge hit! I also made the Three Amigos Casserole and after feeding four for dinner 5 people enjoyed left overs in the days following.

Now this week's theme in the kitchen is Be Courageous. I am taking on two recipes this week that I have tried so hard to avoid in the past few years because I am a bit of a perfectionist and I really HATE screwing things up...especially in the kitchen. So instead of running the risk I have run in the other direction from these two ingredients: Spare Ribs (or any ribs for that matter) and Cornish Hens.

Today's Battle: Casita Cory vs. Spare Ribs
Winner: Casita Cory

Okay, now maybe you are not afraid of ribs and have cooked them a billion times, but for me this was more of a mental challenge. I thought ribs were only for men with smoker-grills and hairy chest. But today with neither a smoker-grill nor a hairy chest I mastered the art of cooking ribs...my style...oven style.

I pretty much followed it spot on except that I used Spare Ribs and his recipe calls for Baby Back Ribs. I wanted to get a picture for the blog and to document my first ever attempt at making ribs, but Forrest and I flew into those bad-boys so fast they didn't stand a chance. If you follow his recipe it is so easy and that BBQ sauce could go on anything..pork chops, chicken, chicken wings, or pulled BBQ sandwiches.

You will love it! And be courageous in the kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment