Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks

We hit the road early yesterday morning heading to Pennsylvania to spend Thanksgiving with Forrest's 93 year old Grammy and his Aunt Mimi. We haven't seen them since April 2010, so we are very excited to spend some quality time with them! On the drive, we stopped in VA to pick up my wonderful sister-in-law, Lauren, so we had fun catching up with her in the car.

I thought I would take this time to let you know what I am thankful for this year.

I am thankful for a God who loves me so much that He sent His son, Jesus, to take my place on the cross. I am thankful for my church that reminds me of that sacrifice, and calls me to love and serve others because of it.




I am so grateful for my loving husband. His energy and passion for life are contagious, and I am a better person each day because of him.


I am thankful for my wonderful parents. They have sacrificed so much for me over the years, and I am overwhelmed by their constant love and generosity. I am thankful of how they love each other, and what a great example of marriage they have given my sisters and me :)


I am thankful for the two best sisters in the world. I am thankful for every opportunity I get to spend with them on the phone, on FaceTime or in person now that we all live so far apart! I am also thankful for the men who love them and make them so very happy!


I am super grateful for this precious face...and being Mimi :)



I am thankful for my in-laws! I am very happy to be a Cory and I am thankful to spend Thanksgiving with you this year!


And to wrap it up, I am thankful for the beautiful journey Forrest and I have traveled this year. I am thankful for our new city, our new jobs, our new church, our new small group, our new friends....and hopefully, if all goes well next Tuesday...our new house!



We have so much to be thankful for this season! I pray that each of you will have safe travels, and I hope you enjoy the quality time with your families and friends. Thank you for reading this blog!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment