Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Simple Treasures

Lately I have been running around like a crazy woman trying to finish up this big grad school project. I have been doing a little less cooking, a little less baking, and sadly...even a little less blogging :(

But I am taking a little break today to bake some Pumpkin Streusel Muffins...they smell amazing...and to do a little blogging. I have to get back at it this evening, but it was time to do something just for me!

 I can't say much today, but hang in there with me for a few more weeks (my project is due on Nov. 22nd) and I will have many fun and exciting holiday posts coming your way!

Until then...here are a few snapshots from the past week!


I added this felt rosette to an old white costume necklace from Nannie's collection of jewelry.



I made homemade Rubens with pastrami one Saturday


 Delicious tacos last Monday


Friday night entertainment...making felt flowers and brooches :)


Spinach, Tomato, Pancetta & Ricotta stuffed shells with asiago cream sauce...still working on that recipe, but it was still pretty good!


On our way home from church last Sunday with my HUGE brooch!


Paper plates + chicken and black bean quesadillas = perfect Monday night dinner!


We had a little fiesta on Día de los Muertos last week. I set up a mock "altar" with ofrendas.


i.love.yellow.


that is one of Nannie's old clip-on earrings!


Last Friday leaving the Wake Forest Coffee Company on my way to work.






What have you been up to recently? I'd love to see links to some great recipes. I have just 23 more days in school until my next track out. But, I mean, it's not like I've been counting down since our first day back or anything!

5 comments:

  1. you are so cute, megan! i am counting down too the days until winter break and looking forward to your holiday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I think some of these felt brooches would make GREAT Christmas gifts...SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey--Thanks! I know you will be looking forward to some down time as well! Miss you friend!

    Bethany--I agree. I think handmade gifts are such a personal and unique way to gift! I can't wait to get some time to sit down and try a few other ideas I have for creating cute flower accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your Day of the Dead altar! We've both been so busy that, despite the fact that we're just across the hall from each other, I had no idea you had put this beautiful display together for your students. Now I feel inferior with my little powerpoint and video by comparison. Ah well, maybe next year! <3 --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I know it is crazy how busy we get each day. I do really enjoy the time we get to catch up and chat about life though! Next year maybe I will have a Spanish club going and we can do a joint event with the honor society to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete