Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The New Casita Cory

Yesterday Forrest and I did the most grown up thing in our marriage (besides getting married)...we bought our first house. AND I AM SO EXCITED! I'm sorry, I just couldn't hold it in. I stopped by in afternoon to snap a few pictures. I am so thankful for this house and cannot wait to get moved in!



The dining room...that will soon become Forrest's office. I am contemplating sharing this space with him and putting my crafting area in here as well. Blending corporate fitness sales & felt flowers may be a stretch.


The deck on the back of our house...excited for grilling again!


Our living room...this and the kitchen will eventually be painted a gray color. Still not sure if I should put up blinds or not. I kind of love the windows as they are.


The kitchen is so big! I also love that I have 2 windows over the sink. And look at all of that storage space...sweet.mother.of.pearl. I am so glad to have a gas stove!!!!


This is our breakfast nook. We are going to just have our dining table here and have a more casual dining space since we are using the dining room as an office. Look at all those windows and the window pane in the door. I can't wait for a sunny day!


Guest bedroom 1.


Bench swing on the side of the porch.


The view of the deck from the yard. We are planning to utilize that space underneath for storage. We also have a huge crawl space that you can walk around in!

The next few pictures are kind of blurry. I stopped in this afternoon to take care of a few things, so I rushed a little bit while taking the pictures. I will get some better ones this weekend!

Guest bathroom. Lavender must go soon!


Master bathroom. I'm not in love with the golden shower / fixtures...but that is like 1000 on my list of things to do!

The room above the garage (this is just one part of it, there is another part where I am standing that has a closet)


Guest bedroom 2. Sorry it is so dark!

 

And the master bedroom (with his and hers closets!!!! and a tray ceiling). Sorry again that it is so blurry.



I bought the paint tonight to lighten up those walls. I plan to put large stripes on the right wall in this picture, where the headboard of our bed will go. Of course I hopped over to Pinterest to get some inspiration and here are some ideas I found:


Here is one in a living room. I like the broad stripes.



This chevron stripe is amazing, but I'm not going to try and pull that off yet!
Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest


Another striped wall I found on pinterest.



I think this one is my favorite. I am using a shade called Toasting Tan and another called Polar White to do the stripes. We will see how it turns out!



Have you ever painted a striped wall? What tips do you have to make it easier?

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to come over and help!! The gold fixtures in your master bathroom can EASILY be fixed with just a can of spraypaint! Oil Rubbed Bronze..it's my favorite! Also, LOVE the stripes. I have done a couple of striped walls in my day. :)

    -Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to do some DIYing with you! I postponed the striped wall until after Christmas....the color i picked out ended up not being what I had hoped for. I will let you know when Forrest let's me resume painting!! haha

    ReplyDelete