Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Weekend with the Packetts

The past two weekends have been very busy with travel, but it has been such a blessing to spend quality time with our family and friends.

Last weekend we celebrated the wedding of good friends of ours. It is always so good to see old friends and meet new people at such a joyous event! On Friday night we caught up with some of our Williamsburg friends at Bonefish, and on Saturday Forrest got in a workout with his buddy Gary while I did some work on my grad project at Aromas in City Center. We also enjoyed time with the Cory family, and I got my Plaza fix at lunch with my wonderful in-laws on Sunday!


This weekend we went back to my roots on the Packett farm and got to spend some quality with my parents, my sister and bro-in-law, and my beautiful niece Cora. Cora is just under 15 months, and her uncle Forrest and I just adore her! This weekend she started calling us by name! I am "Mimi" and Forrest (FoCo) is "GoCo." Whenever Forrest disappeared from her sight for more than 10 seconds, she would call..."GoCo" and put her hands up asking "Where is he?!"

Here are some pictures of our weekend.

MiiiiiiiMiiiiiii!


Baking Pumpkin Muffins with Mimi :)


My beautiful sister Rebekah and I got to play dress up and hit the Christmas Open Houses at the local shops!



Unfortunately I spilled a pan of these delicious Pumpkin Streusel Muffins in my mom's oven, but luckily there were still enough for all of us and a special visit from Grandmama & Atdaddy! Check out the recipe here.


A felt ruffle that got a little out of control!!! It is way too huge to wear on any garment!


Cora and Uncle GoCo playing before dinner!


Cora calls Fish...ish!


GoCo????



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too. For me there is just nothing in the world like going home. Being with family is something I need, and being so far away from them can make that kind of tough. After this long weekend with my favorite people I feel totally refreshed and ready to tackle one week of work before a week off at Thanksgiving, and 9 days and counting until my grad project is due!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment