Thursday, October 20, 2011

9 Week Menu Update & Printables


I have been wanting to post this all week, so here it is! 


This 9 week menu plan is the best idea I have ever had. The stress I have been feeling about cooking and grocery shopping is completely lifted. Last week all of the meals were delicious and took no more than 20 minutes to prepare. I posted pictures last week of the Fajitas and Pesto Tortellini with Sun-dried Tomatoes which you can check out here along with the Week 2 menu, grocery list and recipe card. The week rounded out wonderfully with the BBQ chicken serving as dinner Friday and lunch on Saturday. I made a pasta casserole for dinner Saturday which took us through lunch and 1/2 a dinner on Sunday (we only had one portion left at dinner...guess who got it--hint*itwasntme*). 


On Monday we actually decided last minute to celebrate our anniversary out. I was kind of relieved because as much as I love my Big Ole Burrito recipe, nothing about refried beans sounds romantic on your anniversary.


Tuesday night the Penne with Vodka Sauce and Baby Bellas took approximately 15 minutes to throw together (once the water came to a boil), and on Wednesday the chili and spicy cornbread totally rocked my socks. 



Vegetarian Chili with Spicy Cornbread
I froze half of the cornbread after baking it for the next chili week


Here are my favorite things about the planned ahead meals:
1) I no longer waste time during my day worrying about how to get everything done
2) I have had time each night to work on my grad school work for about an hour or more
3) I don't have to eat the same meal two nights in a row
4) I look forward to picking what I get to eat for Leftover Thursdays
5) I have more time to bake and think about what to bake
6) I have more time to blog


Here is the grocery list and menu for week 2...I'm sorry I am just posting it, but I will have week 3 posted Saturday morning! I changed the format on it just a bit, so let me know what you think. 
Click to enlarge, download and print!


Have any of you tried any of the ideas in the 9 Week Menu yet? Are they working for you? Leave me a comment and let me know!
















No comments:

Post a Comment