Friday, October 28, 2011

TJ Special: Artie's Pizza

I was reading a few blogs recently and saw that there is an Iron Chef Challenge going on in the blogiverse and the key ingredient is artichokes. I first read about it on 33 Shades of Green in her segment Tasty Tuesdays in which she featured Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Shells...yum :) I was so excited because I had actually typed up this blog post last Sunday and was saving it for today!



I followed her link over to A Latte' with Ott, A to learn more about the contest rules. I decided it might be fun to join this party, since I haven't done something like this before, so here it is. I may not qualify because I don't have any pictures of the cooking process, but in my defense I was working on those Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and didn't really have time to take pictures of all of the things going on in the kitchen!
Photobucket

This week's edition of TJ Special focuses on one of our favorite meals, homemade pizza. We put a little bit of everything on our pizzas, it all just depends on what we are in the mood for. This week, we can thank our favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's for every delicious bite!

Now I know that some of you may live where there is not a Trader Joe's. I have a few suggestions. Primarily, I would suggest moving to where there is one...just kidding...but it isn't the worst idea ever :)  Or you can do what my parents do and get to the one closest to your home about once every month or two and stock up on all of your favorite TJ goodies. Here is their website where you can find a location near to you. If neither of those work for you, you can also just look for these goodies at a grocery store or specialty foods store where you live.

This week we were looking an Italian flavor profile, but we wanted to change it up just a bit.



Artie's Pizza
1/2 cup TJ's canned artichoke hearts, chopped
1/3 cup TJ's sun dried tomatoes, sliced (they come in a resealable bag)
1/2 cup TJ's baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup TJ's feta cheese
1/4 cup TJ's shaved Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup TJ's low-fat part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp TJ's Pesto Sauce
1 Whole Wheat TJ's Pizza Curst
2 tbsp corn meal
1 tbsp EVOO

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Place the corn meal on the pizza stone
3) Knead and roll the dough out until it is in the shape/size you desire
4) Brush the crust with the EVOO
5) Bake for about 8 minutes until the crust begins to rise and bubble
6) Remove and spread the Pesto Sauce out evenly with the back of a spoon
7) Add all of the toppings
8) Bake for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and begins to brown

This was the perfect Friday night treat! Check out some of my other homemade pizza recipes as well:

Tiffany Pizza
Mr. Haas's Pizza
Southwest Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment