Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Dump Cake

On a recent visit to my parents house I was perusing their pantry for something to make for dessert. I saw a cake mix and thought it might be fun to make a dump cake. I made one with canned cherries and pineapple, and we all really enjoyed it. It was like a mixed up pineapple upside down cake. On my drive home I started thinking about how to make a version with fall flavors. I have made muffins with canned pumpkin, but I wasn't sure how to make a pumpkin dump cake. I was actually browsing on Pinterest and someone had pinned a picture from this blog which lead me to a great Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe.

Here is the recipe, but find a printable card at www.cookiesandcups.com.

Ingredients:
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of pumpkin
3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp pumpkin spice
1 yellow cake mix
2 Heath bars, cracked up
4 graham crackers, cracked up
1 cup of melted butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl mix the evaporated milk, pumpkin, brown sugar and eggs.


How is this so good?



Pour this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan

bottom layer
Next pour the box of yellow cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture.


Top with the Heath bar and graham cracker bits, and pour the butter over the crumbles. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the top layer starts to brown.

 

Enjoy with a big scoop of vanilla icing!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try this! Let me know if you run across a delicious looking gingerbread and lemon sauce recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep looking. I'm not a huge fan of gingerbread...but I will see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete