Friday, October 21, 2011

Candy Corn Fun

I like following the Kitchen Magpie's blog to see what all she is cooking up each week. The other day I saw her photo for this recipe and I wanted to try it without actually reading the recipe. I like to figure things out for myself, so I picked up some ingredients at the store and tried mixing this together while some of our friends were heading over to hang out. I was so embarrassed with the final product  because things went awry. The butterscotch got clumpy really quickly, and we ended up with a strange bar of butterscotch-candycorn-stuff. I was disappointed because aside from figuring things out on my own, I also like to get things right...the first time. 


I knew it was my fault for heating the butterscotch too quickly, so this week I picked up the supplies again, determined to get it right.  Here is how it turned out:



Candy Corn Haystacks


 Ingredients
1 bag of butterscotch morsels
2/3 cup of chow mien noodles
1/2 cup of peanuts
1/2 cup of candy corn

Directions:
1) Place the butterscotch morsels in a glass bowl and microwave them at 15 to 30 sec increments
2) Stir after each heating spell
3) Keep stirring even if all of the morsels have not melted because once some of them start to melt, eventually all of them will


The butterscotch should look creamy like this
 3) Once the butterscotch is smooth, add in the other ingredients.
all of the ingredients in the bowl
4) Stir them all up together so that the butterscotch covers all of the ingredients



5) Using two spoons, scoop out chunks of the mixture onto wax paper





6) Then stick two candy corns on the top to make them look pretty 
7) Let them cool for about 15 minutes and then serve them up! 









Do you have any other cool ideas for candy corn?



No comments:

Post a Comment