Friday, October 28, 2011

Felt Rosettes and Ruffles

Yesterday I had one mission. I was going to make a felt rosette and/or ruffle before I went to sleep. period.

I spent the early part of the afternoon at an Antique store looking for nothing in particular, but stumbled upon these awesome yellow letters, which I plan on putting on a block of painted wood in my new kitchen. I would love to paint the walls in the kitchen and adjoined living room/breakfast nook a light gray color and decorate with yellow and navy accents, so these letters will go great with that color scheme.


Then I headed over to the Wake Forest Coffee Co., and enjoyed a cup of coffee while writing objectives for my final graduate project. Fun times. After about 2 hours of that, I decided I needed some time to craft, so I packed up my things and headed toward the Michael's by our house. I picked up several shades of felt, some glue and a few other odds and ends. Someone gave me a coupon so I got the glue for 40% off and then I bought all of the other supplies with a 20% off (including sales) coupon. yippie!


First I poured myself a glass of wine and got started with a little pink rosette.


Then I made a flower for my niece's hair. It might be a little big just yet, but with all those beautiful curls, she is going to have so much fun pinning them up with all kinds of bows!

By the way, in case you haven't seen her gorgeous face...here it is!


Then I wanted to make something to wear to work today with my new scarf, so I made two rosettes and a ruffle. Here it is with my $7.99 scarf from Ross.


I had so much fun making these rosettes and plan on taking breaks from my grad school work this weekend to make a few other things. I couldn't sleep last nigh thinking of the possibilities!!! (Ok...maybe it was just the 6pm coffee...)

I really need a new camera, and I apologize for how blurry my pictures are. I am going to keep looking for a good one and maybe on Black Friday I can get a good deal on one. Do you have any suggestions for a good camera for taking pictures of food and crafts? 
Happy Friday...I have another post coming later, but I need to run to the grocery store and take a few more pics.

2 comments: