Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Presents Under the Tree

I seriously love Christmas. My mom always brought so much Christmas cheer to our home growing up. I remember her taking us on walks through the woods to cut down a small tree to put in our bedroom or on the deck, collect greenery to decorate the fireplace, and have Dad shoot down some mistletoe from a treetop. During the Christmas season we did everything together. We would decorate the tree(s) together, go Christmas shopping together, wrap presents together, bake cookies together, go caroling together...you get the picture. I think Christmas is my favorite time of year because I love being with my family, loving them, loving our church and our community...that's what Christmas has meant. Yeah presents are fun...but none of my presents would have meant very much to me if they weren't part of season all about loving others and giving to others out of genuine, Christ-like generosity.

I think I enjoy giving presents more than getting them. And I love wrapping them. Last night I took a little time to get started and I had a lot of fun. I think this year I am going for a Country Christmas theme...if you haven't already you can see that my mantle is a little country-rustic. I followed that theme into the present-wrapping last night.

I used craft paper to wrap some, and the red damask I found for 60% off at Target on the after-Christmas sales last year. The Christmas tree tags and gold bow were also at least 60% off last year as well.


 This is my favorite.



I used a hot glue gun to spell one letter at a time, and then wrapped the twine to spell her name. 


I made a simple felt flower and sewed a mini-pearl button on it in-lieu of a bow.


I love the simple brown paper with twine and the glittery green tag to add some color.


I wrapped one of my sister's presents in a mason jar, tied twine around it and topped it with a red felt flower.


Oh...and remember I mentioned a cedar tree...well I actually have 3 in my back yard. So I cut off some little branches to add a lil' greenery to the mantle.



I love my Jim Shore Santas.



What colors do you like to wrap with? I never would have pegged myself as a red girl...but I am really feeling the red this Christmas!


Ps...if you haven't yet...don't forget to find out how you can win a Felt Pendant on my blog on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment