Friday, December 23, 2011

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies


These are Foco's favorite cookies. I have been hanging with my family since Tuesday and he had to drive up from business down in South Carolina this week, so I was baking these when he walked in the door last night around 11pm. I found this recipe over at The Brown Eyed Baker. I didn't need to modify too much, but I didn't have quite 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, so I just used all that I had.

What you'll need:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 unsalted butter (melt and set aside to cool)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 

1. Mix flour, salt and baking soda with a whisk in a medium bowl, and set aside.


2. Melt the butter and set it aside to cool.


3. Measure out the brown sugar and sugar and add it to the mixing bowl.



4. While you wait for the butter to cool a little more, chop the nuts and measure out the chocolate chips and set them next to your mixer.



5. Add the butter to the sugar and mix at medium until well combined. Add in the egg and beat it with the mixer.


6. Now add in the yolk and mix.


7. Add in the vanilla and mix.



8. It should look like this. Get yourself a lil rubber spatula.



9. Pour in the nuts and chocolate chips and mix with the spatula.



10. Scoop out the dough using an ice cream scoop and place them on the baking sheets (about 1 dozen per sheet).



11. Bake at 325 for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they start to brown just a bit.


12. Place them on a cooling rack until they are cool enough to store away in Tupperware.



Serve with milk. Yields about 30 medium cookies. 


This recipe has been quite a hit. My family has been munching on them all day! I hope you enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment