Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Eve Party Ideas

Fo and I are really excited that our friends, Gary and Alexis, are coming to visit us this weekend!

Forrest and Gary have celebrated New Years together since (at least) 2002.
I came into the picture 5 years ago and the three of us have celebrated the arrival of the new year each year since then.
Two years ago Forrest and I met Alexis for the first time on New Years Eve and the four of us toasted to 2010 and 2011 together.

So...it is only appropriate that they come to visit to celebrate the arrival of 2012 with us in NC! We are also excited that our friends Ava & Robin (who live just down the road since we moved) will be joining in the fun as well.

This is also our first little get together at the Cory house...so there has been a lot to do! We finally have arranged the guest bedroom, moved boxes we don't plan on unpacking to the attic, tidied up the room above the garage, and organized our bathroom cabinets. Whew. Oh...and Forrest vaccuumed the upstairs (sawweeeet!) Forrest got a desk and set up his office, so I was able to use my old desk to set up my grad-school crafting work-space. We have also made several trips to Home Depot and Lowes picking up odds and ends to get the house all settled.

But as you all know...I have mostly been thinking about the food!
I have been drooling over ideas on Pinterest since this morning and I think I have finally come up with a little finger-food menu. I keep wanting to add more things to the menu...but so far this is what I'm thinking:

So I want to make Antipasto Kabobs...
 


Cheese Tortellini Skewers w/ Pesto Dip

Source: opiefoto.com via Megan on Pinterest


Baked Lasagna Bites



Mini Pizza Rolls



Caprese Salad Bites



I kind of want to lay it out on chalkboard contact paper like this...



And for dessert I want to do a Hot Chocolate Bar w/ marshmallows, caramel & pirouettes



And Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip...

Source: addapinch.com via Megan on Pinterest


I want to make something like this and put it at the front door



and I want to wear something sparkly, glittery, or with sequins...




What are your News Years plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment