Monday, January 2, 2012

Well Hello 2012!

Okay...warning...I have had my coffee today and for some odd reason I am a bit shaky and my thoughts are kind of all over the place...so this post is kind of random.

Wow. 2011 has flown by. What a crazy year. A year ago today I had no clue that our lives were going to change...so drastically. But now, 2 moves later, we are settled into our new home where we rang in the New Year with some great friends. Here are a few pics of the food fun:





We started out the New Year by enjoying breakfast at a local restaurant with Gary and Alexis, then headed out to walk around the beautiful campus at Duke University. The weather was amazing....in the high 60s! Later in the afternoon we took down our Christmas decorations and got to meet some of our neighbors. Probably the highlight of our New Year so far though was when Forrest stepped through our ceiling while stowing away our Christmas decorations in the attic. Thankfully he didn't fall through because it is a 2 story drop from where he was walking. We have patched it up though temporarily and I am searching today for someone to come out and fix it.



What can you do about it?

So...2012. What kind of excitement will come our way this year? With the start of each new year I always have ideas going through my head like crazy about things I want to accomplish, new things I want to try, and ways I can improve. For right now though I have just 5 simple things I want to accomplish this week:

1) unpack the remaining 2 boxes from the move and return the boxes to our dear friends who lent them to us
2) clean out the front closet in our kitchen so we can store the vacuum there
3) hang our wall art and put out our pictures
4) finish up details for my lil sisters' bachelorette weekend in Nashville
5) come up with a list of things to do this year and post it on the blog

Okay...so while that is my list of things I want to do...I have to go now take care of the things I have to do: like...find someone to fix our ceiling so our propane bill doesn't go through the roof (get it...haha), take care of the laundry, wash the dishes, get eye Dr. appointments, apply for a job as a fitness instructor at another gym, do some BodyStep to loosen up my back from dead lifting so I can squat today, call and figure out why we got charged rent for January, go grocery shopping...okay I better just go now and start getting this done instead of writing about it.

Happy New Year everyone!
5)

No comments:

Post a Comment