Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Flashbacks to 2011

Oh what a year! Here is a little recap of what 2011 looked like for the Corys!


January

Forrest and I hung around the house trying to avoid the cold Virginia weather. We battled it out playing Scrabble (remember we met in a library...we're nerds). I'm pretty sure I won this game with my awesome word...serenity.



February

I went through BODYPUMP training!!! If you haven't had a chance to take a Les Mills class, check out this link to find out where you can try a class today. Also, check out BeachBody to find out how you can start doing BODYPUMP at home in 2012!


Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest





March

My family came to visit me to celebrate my 26th (yipes) birthday. We had lunch at the Cheese Shop and enjoyed a chilly afternoon walking around Colonial Williamsburg.






April

Forrest and I flew out to California and spent a week hanging out with our great friends Cody and Kiley. Forrest enjoyed surfing some famous breaks including Rincon near Santa Barbara while visiting with Kiley's family, and we caught a San Diego Padres game with Cody's parents.




We went home for Easter to see my wonderful family.



May

My girl Resse and I had a super fun Cinco de Mayo BODYSTEP class...we donned mustaches...and it was awesome!



Forrest accepted a job with Life Fitness and we spent a couple weekends in Raleigh looking for a place to live and moving Forrest in with an air mattress until my school year was over.



June

Forrest started his new job, I interviewed for 3 teaching positions, said good-bye to the wonderful school system, school, and students I had grown to love, and accepted a job at a charter school north of Raleigh. My students and I ordered shirts as kind of a gift to say good-bye (and to try and help them remember how to show possession in Spanish!). They all signed the back and wore them on the last day of school. It was really cool seeing 60 some kids wearing shirts that said "Sra. Cory's cool kids!"


July

I started my job at my new school and the AC in Forrest's car went kaput...which is no bueno when your job requires you to be in your car basically all of the time. We also spent some quality time on the river around the 4th of July!



We also caught up with Gary & Alexis for a few days in Nagshead, NC. Somehow I managed to only take pictures with this huge machine out in the ocean...weird.


August 

We spent a long weekend vacationing with my family in a sweet house down in Rodanthe, NC. Our plans to spend some time with the Corys in Corolla were foiled when Hurricane Irene ripped through the east coast.









September

Since we missed the beach with the Corys, we made a trip to Newport News & had dinner at the Marina at Kingsmill. Forrest's parents and my parents both made trips to NC, and Forrest and I put an offer down on our house!




October

We took a trip to Savannah, GA to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. We had an amazing time!






Forrest had a little surfing accident and ended up with 6 stitches in his foot. We celebrated his 28th birthday by eating a pumpkin angel food cake.




Forrest's sister and her friend came to visit and she took us to the Casting Crowns concert in Greensboro. She also joined us at church the next day when Forrest and I were baptized.






November

We celebrated Thanksgiving in PA with Forrest's sweet Grammy, aunt Mimi, my sis-in-law Lauren, and Forrest's parents.










We officially closed on the house and spent the last few nights of November sleeping on an air mattress in our new house.




December

We moved into the house!!! Then we got to spend so much quality time with both of our families to celebrate the Christmas holiday!







We rang in the New Year with our good friends!



What an incredible year. It has been  such a journey. Forrest and I are just thankful each day that we have a God of grace & love, each other, wonderful families, a beautiful home, jobs we love, and Netflix. haha.

Here is to looking forward to 2012 and all that God has planned for us!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I love your recap of the year! My, you all were busy people...as always! Praying that 2012 will bring many moments of happiness and abundant blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful year! And congrats on the new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom...it was great to look back and see what an awesome year we had!

    Kristen--it has been a great year and thanks...I get so excited each time I pull in the drive way!!!

    ReplyDelete