Monday, January 16, 2012

Here's What's Cooking {No. 2}

What a fabulous weekend! I'm posting a little late on this because I flew in from Nashville around midday and have been busy getting ready for my week to start. Whew.

Our menu is a little different this week because my wonderful hubby cooked dinner for me tonight to help me have more time to get all settled. What a treat! So here's what's cooking at Casita Cory!



Menu Week of January 16


Tuesday / Wednesday: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

Source: myrecipes.com via Megan on Pinterest


Thursday / Friday: Sweet Potato & Ground Turkey Shepard's Pie

Source: oxygenmag.com via Megan on Pinterest


Saturday / Sunday: Vegetable & Chickpea Curry w/ Whole Grain Rice




Grocery List:
onion
ginger
serrano chili
3c. chickpeas
2 baking potatoes
green bell pepper
frozen cut green beans
vegetable broth
3 c. baby spinach
light coconut milk 1c
1 lemon
12 oz broccoli florets
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can evaporated fat free milk
fat free mayonnaise
fat free sour cream
sherry
cream of mushroom soup
grated parm cheese
rosemary
celery
ground turkey breast
1 bag frozen mixed veggies

Breakfast:
Hard Boiled Eggs
Banana & Peanut Butter with Cocoa Powder, Greek Yogurt & Almond Milk Smoothie

Morning Snack:
Greek Yogurt (coconut)


Lunch:
1 cup whole grain spaghetti w/ low-fat veggie pasta sauce
1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp Auntie Annie's Goddess Dressing

Afternoon Snack:
Mixed Nut Trail Mix

I'm excited to make curry this week because I have never tried that before. I have been craving a chicken and broccoli casserole, but didn't want all of the fat, so I am happy that I stumbled upon this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment