Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasty Tuesday {Low Cal Baked Potato Soup}

Tater soup.

I found this recipe on Pinterest (do I sound like a broken record or what?) and I needed to make it.


Click here to see the original recipe. I substituted green onions for chives and I also used turkey bacon to make it even more low calorie.

Ingredients
4 small Russet potatoes
1 small head of cauliflower
1 1/2 c. fat free chicken broth
1 1/2 c. almond milk (or any fat free milk)
1/2 c fat free sour cream
salt & pepper to taste
4 slices of turkey bacon cooked and chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 scallions, diced

How-To:
1. Heat the potatoes in the microwave (poke them a few times with a fork first) for 5 minutes, let them cool, then peel them and cut them into 1 inch chunks
2. Steam the cauliflower in water in a covered large sauce pan
3. Drain the water from the cauliflower and return them to the pan on medium heat
4. Pour in the milk and chicken stock, salt & pepper then add the potatoes and bring to a boil
5. Scoop the soup mixture into a blender (you might need to do this in two sets...the top of my blender popped off a bit and soup went splatter!) and blend until smooth
6. Return to the pan and stir in the sour cream, cook for another 5 to 10 minutes
7. Serve with the turkey bacon, cheese and scallions


You should definitely make this recipe and let me know how it turns out! Check out where I pinned this recipe and lots of other yummy meals here.




As always I'm linking up with Alissa as part of Tasty Tuesdays!

1 comment: