Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{Tasty Tuesdays} Crispy Prosciutto Pizza

Pizza is my second favorite food. Next to all things Mexican.

I love coming up with different combinations of toppings. One of my favorite is Hawaiian, but Forrest is not a big fan of the pineapple. We were running around Wal-Mart a few weeks ago trying to come up with dinner plans, and I thought I might play around with some of his favorite toppings and substitute prosciutto for ham. It was totally scrumtrilescent (sp?).


Crispy Prosciutto Pizza
2 cups fresh baby Spinach
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup artichoke hearts, drained
4 tbsp pizza sauce
2 whole wheat pizza crusts
1 package of sliced prosciutto cut into small squares
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


1) Preheat Oven to 375

2) Spread the pizza sauce over the whole wheat pizza crusts


3) Top with the fresh spinach


4) Strategically place the mushroom slices and artichoke hearts around the pizza



5) Layer on the cheese and top with the prosciutto


6) Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the prosciutto appears crispy


And enjoy!

I'm linking up over at 33shadesofgreen as part of her Tasty Tuesday's linky party.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! And pizza and Mexican food?! You are a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it really was! I always default to Mexican recipes...I'm trying to expand my repertoire!

      Delete